A plane from Swiss International Air Lines flying from Zurich to Los Angeles has made an emergency landing at Iqaluit in northern Canada. The landing went smoothly and all passengers and crew are safe.
- Deutsch LA? Fast: Swiss-Maschine muss am Nordpolarmeer notlanden
- Português Avião suíço faz pouso de emergência no Canadá
- 中文 瑞航飞机在加拿大北部紧急迫降
- Français Atterrissage d'urgence au Canada d'un vol Swiss
- عربي نزول اضطراري لطائرة سويسرية بمطار كندي
- English LA? Not quite. Swiss plane makes emergency landing in Iqaluit (original)
- Pусский Рейс Swiss экстренно приземлился в Канаде
- Italiano LA? No, Polo Nord... Atterraggio d'emergenza per Swiss
A technical problem caused the left engine of the Boeing 777-300ER to stop, forcing the landing on a snow-covered runway on Wednesday, Swiss explained.
Temperatures at Iqaluit, the capital of Nunavut territory with around 7,000 inhabitants, were around -23 degrees Celsius. There were reportedly more than 200 passengers on board; Swiss said it was now working to get them to their final destinations.
En cumplimiento de los estándares JTI
Mostrar más: SWI swissinfo.ch, certificado por la JTI