What do you think of the "99% initiative"?
- Deutsch Was halten Sie von der 99%-Initiative? (original)
- Español ¿Qué piensa usted de la iniciativa 99%?
- Português O que você acha da iniciativa dos 99%?
- 中文 您怎么看瑞士的99%-动议?
- عربي ما رأيكم في مبادرة 99٪؟
- Français Que pensez-vous de l'initiative 99%?
- Pусский Как Вы оцениваете законодательную инициативу «99%»?
- Italiano Cosa pensate dell'iniziativa 99%?
Editorial note: following numerous reader contributions to this topic over many weeks, we have now closed this debate. More topics are open for comments hereExternal link. If you wish to contribute feedback on this topic or suggest other ideas for debates, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On September 26, Swiss citizens will vote on the so-called "99% initiative" that aims to tax capital gains more heavily. Is it envy of the wealthy elite? Or an overdue redistribution of wealth? Tell us what you think in the comments below!
The initiative, launched by the Young Socialists, wants capital income above a certain amount (the Young Socialists speak of 100,000 CHF) to be counted one and a half times when calculating taxes. They argue taxation today is not fair and redistribution is insufficient. What do you think?
Contributions under this article have been turned off. You can find an overview of ongoing debates with our journalists here. Please join us!
If you want to start a conversation about a topic raised in this article or want to report factual errors, email us at email@example.com.