How the Swiss asylum system works
Series Switzerland Explained, Episode 2:
Switzerland boasts of a long humanitarian tradition and in fact deals with relatively more asylum requests than other European countries, given the size of the population.
This content was published on May 6, 2020
- Deutsch Wie funktioniert das Asylverfahren in der Schweiz?
- Español Cómo funciona el sistema suizo de asilo
- Português Como funciona o sistema de asilo político na Suíça
- 中文 如何在瑞士申请庇护？
- عربي كيف يعمل نظام اللجوء السويسري؟
- Français Comment fonctionne le système de l’asile en Suisse
- Pусский Как получить убежище в Швейцарии?
- 日本語 スイスの難民認定制度
- Italiano Ecco come funziona il diritto d'asilo in Svizzera
Even if few asylum seekers receive official refugee status many are granted different kinds of temporary permits allowing them to stay.
With such a permit they might get help with living costs and finding a job, but the road to integration is a long one. In this “Switzerland Explained” video, find out how the asylum process works and what conditions for asylum-seekersExternal link in Switzerland are like.
Contributions under this article have been turned off. You can find an overview of ongoing debates with our journalists here. Please join us!
If you want to start a conversation about a topic raised in this article or want to report factual errors, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.