Conquering the Gotthard
Despite being known in ancient times, it was only really from the beginning of the 18th century that the Gotthard Pass started to gain importance. Today it is one of the main connections between the north and south of the Alps. (Photos: Carlo Pisani, swissinfo.ch)
This content was published on January 27, 2016
- Deutsch Die Eroberung des Gotthards
- Español A la conquista del San Gotardo
- Português Conquistando o São Gotardo
- 中文 征服圣哥达
- Français A la conquête du Saint-Gothard
- عربي في الطريق إلى الغوتهارد
- Pусский Завоевание Сен-Готарда
- 日本語 ゴッタルドを歩く
- Italiano Alla conquista del San Gottardo
Contributions under this article have been turned off. You can find an overview of ongoing debates with our journalists here. Please join us!
If you want to start a conversation about a topic raised in this article or want to report factual errors, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.