A mountain dedicated to renewable energy
This content was published on April 24, 2017 minutes
- Deutsch Ein Berg für erneuerbare Energien
- Español Una montaña dedicada a las energías renovables
- Português Uma montanha dedicada à energia renovável
- Français Une montagne dédiée aux énergies renouvelables
- Pусский Как в Швейцарии начиналась солнечная энергетика
- Italiano Una montagna consacrata alle energie rinnovabili
Located above Saint-Imier, in the French-speaking part of the canton of Bern, the Mont-Soleil power station aims to promote and develop solar energy in Switzerland. In its 25 years of existence, it has welcomed more than 750'000 visitors, some of them very illustrious.
A visit to the solar power station of Mont-Soleil is often paired with that of nearby wind turbines. Mont-Soleil and neighboring Mont-Croisin host the largest wind farm in the country - with 16 turbines - making the area the mecca for renewable energy in Switzerland.
(All images: Keystone and BKW)
Contributions under this article have been turned off. You can find an overview of ongoing debates with our journalists here. Please join us!
If you want to start a conversation about a topic raised in this article or want to report factual errors, email us at email@example.com.