When you cast your vote far from home
Why do the Swiss abroad vote differently from the Swiss at home? An expert takes a closer look at the political profile of the Swiss diaspora.
This content was published on August 18, 2017 minutes
- Deutsch Warum stimmen die Auslandschweizer anders ab? (original)
- Español ¿Por qué los suizos en el extranjero votan diferente?
- Português Por que os suíços do estrangeiro votam diferente?
- عربي كيف يُصوّت السويسريون بالخارج؟
- Français Pourquoi les Suisses de l'étranger votent différemment
- Pусский «Швейцарский мир» и его политический профиль
- 日本語 投票傾向、国内外のスイス人の間で関心の違い―なぜ？
- Italiano Perché gli svizzeri all'estero votano in modo diverso?
Political expert Thomas Milic has researched the political profile of Swiss expats. He's an expert on voting, parliamentary research and political psychology at the research centre SotomoExternal link. He also regularly works for the Centre for Democracy AarauExternal link.
In our new series, 'Inside the Democracy Labs', researchers answer all kinds of questions about democracy.
Contributions under this article have been turned off. You can find an overview of ongoing debates with our journalists here. Please join us!
If you want to start a conversation about a topic raised in this article or want to report factual errors, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.