International Public Media Conference
The first International Public Media Conference (IPMC) took place on March 4 in Bern. We are glad to offer you the video of all the panels and keynotes at the event. Thank you for your interest!
- Deutsch Livestream: Internationale Public Media Konferenz
- 中文 现场直击：国际公共媒体论坛
- Français Livestream: Conférence internationale des médias publics
- عربي المؤتمر الدولي الاوّل لوسائل الإعلام العمومية
- Pусский Международная конференция по общественным СМИ 4 марта 2019 года
- 日本語 国際公共メディア会議
- Italiano Livestream: International Public Media Conference
SWI swissinfo.ch offered a livestream of the IPMC panels online:
- Opening address by Federal Councillor and media minister Simonetta Sommaruga, Federal Department of the Environment, Transport, Energy and Communications DETECExternal link
- Keynote Karen Donders, Head of Media Unit, research centre imec-SMITExternal link, Virje Universiteit Brussels, Belgium
"Public service media beyond the digital hype: Are public broadcasters making a difference in European societies?"
- Executive Panel: "More challenging than ever, more challenged than ever"
Cilla Benkö, Director General Sveriges RadioExternal link, Sweden
Gilles Marchand, Director General SRG SSRExternal link, Switzerland
Jean-Paul Philippot, Administrator General RTBFExternal link, Belgium
Karola Wille, Director General MDRExternal link, Germany
- Keynote Noel Curran, Director General European Broadcasting Union EBUExternal link
"The Enduring and Unique Value of Public Service Media"
- Case Presentation from Denmark: "Ramasjang Saves The WorldExternal link"
Laerke Vindahl, Head of Children's Content Productions DRExternal link, Denmark
- Presentation of the study "Service public. Acceptance of the young target group and future opportunities"
Ulla Autenrieth, Project Manager HTW ChurExternal link / University of BaselExternal link, Switzerland
Fiona Fehlmann, Scientific Collaborator, HTW ChurExternal link, Switzerland
Matthias Künzler, Head of Research, Institute for Multimedia Production, HTW ChurExternal link, Switzerland
- Case Presentation from Scotland: "BBC The SocialExternal link"
Kirsty Drain, Senior Content Producer, BBC ScotlandExternal link, United Kingdom
- Presentation of the study "Public service media in the digital age - the perpective of European regulatory bodies"
Samuel Studer, Media Specialist, Federal Office of CommunicationsExternal link, Switzerland
- Case Presentation from Switzerland: "InfoVerso: le média en transparenceExternal link"Christophe Chaudet, Director News & Sports RTSExternal link, Switzerland
- Closing Remarks Otfried Jarren, President of the Federal Media Commission FMECExternal link, Switzerland
Find a roundup of the conference with some of the main points here:
Please find our dossier on the Swiss media landscape hereExternal link.
In compliance with the JTI standards
More: SWI swissinfo.ch certified by the Journalism Trust Initiative
Contributions under this article have been turned off. You can find an overview of ongoing debates with our journalists here. Please join us!
If you want to start a conversation about a topic raised in this article or want to report factual errors, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.